Paw Print

Going After Our Goals

Penny Gemensky, Student Staffer

Girls Soccer is working hard for their first win of the season.  They keep pushing their offense and defense to stay intense. As a team, they are working hard for a reasonable goal of seven wins.

Their coach, Brian DiCola is very excited for the season. “I see a lot of potential in these girls.” DiCola said.

Coach DiCola and captians Lainey Brown, Brenna McIntyre, and Erika Kolb believe they can easily accomplish this seven-win season, and hope to take it even further.

The team has short-term and long-term goals. The short-term goal is the seven wins, but the long-term goal is to compete in the OVACs competition. DiCola believes they will make it to OVACs, as long as the team continues to push themselves to do better.

In order for everyone to get to know their teammates better, the girls have held team bonding events. Sometimes the girls will go to the movies together, or spend the night at someone’s house.  Being close off the field is guaranteed to help the girls compete better on the field.

Currently, the girls soccer team is doing a fundraiser. They are selling yard signs with player’s names and numbers printed on them. See any player to purchase.

The girls team is also planning on holding a rummage sale as a fundraiser in October.