Paw Print

Willow Hawkins

Back to Article
Back to Article

Willow Hawkins

Rebecca Lemasters, Student Staffer

“Well I was helping a friend move that horrible night. It was late at night and it was really dark, those things don’t really mix well in wheeling. I was walking through the parking lot to get to my friends car. The car was locked so I turned around and went to go get Shayla’s keys, but the predicament was I get stabbed twice in the stomach, unfortunately. The house to the car was about 100-150 feet apart. There are no street lights or cameras where I was. They have a neighborhood watch, but you can see how much use they are. It’s really weird because you go into shock as soon as it happens. I don’t really remember anything until I was in the hospital. Shayla said that I walked back up to the house, sat down on the porch and said I just got stabbed. Well Shayla being Shayla she said hmm I bet so then I moved my hands. She believed me then. It was a tall adult male with tattoos that stabbed me with a pen knife twice, the police said that I probably walked on a person trying to break into the car. The police came in I was lying in bed with my wounds glued and stitched up and asked me what all had happened and I had to sign some stuff then they left. It didn’t go on the news, but they did put it in the paper.  I use to help people with their groceries and moved stuff like that but I can’t know because of paranoid somethings going to happen.”