Paw Print

Cole Perry

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cole Perry

Becca Lemasters, Student Staffer

“The divorce of my parents was a hard time in my life. I was a little kid, and I don’t really remember much about them going through it. The thing I remember most is sitting on the couch and them telling me they were splitting up.

We had to move a couple times because my mom went from being with someone to being a single mom of three. We went to low budget living then we eventually moved in with my now-stepdad. He unfortunately had to move to Massachusetts for work so we had to go back to low budget living. Then he decided he didn’t like his job in Massachusetts so he moved back and we moved back in.

So to talk about the other side my dad met my now-stepmom. Well my stepmom has two kids of her own and my stepdad has one kid, so you can imagine it took a lot of adapting. It’s just something I got used to throughout life. I was 5 when they got a divorce so its not like I was 10.

My oldest sibling is my stepdad’s son Jarred. He’s 22. The next oldest is Riley and he’s going to be 20 in May. Then I have Erika who just moved to Bethany for college. I’m the next oldest then its my stepmom and stepdads kid Brayden. Then my little sister is Katrina who is 12 turning 13 in November. My step-siblings and I already knew each other because of school so it was just like my friends were now living with me. It wasn’t like there was a stranger that was randomly brought in my life.

My closest sibling by far is my older brother Riley. I defiantly get along with my siblings who have the farthest age difference than me. Brayden and me get into arguments quite a bit because we are so close in age and have different views on many different things.”