Paw Print

Life Lessons

Asha Crow, student staffer

This year has had its ups and downs. I have lost friends and gained new ones. I have even got old ones back. There was a lot of drama. My grades went up and down most of the year, but they were mostly down. Some people say junior year is hard but it really isn’t. I thought it was pretty easy as long as you turn your work in.

Your academics are very important. If you do not keep your grades up you will have trouble bringing them up. When it came to my grades I had trouble with them, but really all you have to do is turn your work in. To keep your stuff organized, you should have a folder for each class. Using your planer is very useful. Use sticky notes at home so you can remember what you need to turn in. If you study in a quiet place you can remember things easier. Some people say that if you chew the same kind of gum that you chew when you study and then chew that same kind when you take the test that you remember a lot more then you usually do. Do not cram for the test because you won’t remember much.

Your social life is important too. You do not need a lot of friends to be happy. Having one true friend is better than having twelve fake friends. Having one true friend that stays with you through everything is better than a friend that leaves when stuff gets bad. Starting drama is the dumbest thing you could do. If you start drama, it will make your life horrible. People will not like you if you start drama. If you join a club or sport, you meet new people. Meeting new people is good because they aren’t the people you grew up with.

Do not be late to school or your classes. If you are late, you get in trouble and miss work. Teachers do not like it when you are late a lot. If you do not want to get into fights, keep to yourself and don’t give people attitude. Getting into fights does not make you cool. Missing school is not fun or good. You have to make up a lot of work. If you don’t get the work done quick then your grade will suffer.

Next year will hopefully be a lot better than this year. It’s my senior year, so I hope I have a really good year. Life does get better, although it isn’t all rainbows and sunshine. I am glad that I learned so much this year. I hope I learn a lot next year. I like learning new things. I am going to miss all of my friends over the summer.

About the Writer
Asha Crow, Student Staffer

I am a Junior at John Marshall. I like to eat, sleep, listen to music, and color. I do not play any sports. My favorite color is teal.