Paw Print

Life Lessons

Penny Gemensky, Student

My freshman year I learned a lot of life lessons. I learned that people aren’t always what they seem to be. My social life changed a lot when I came to high school. Most of my friends from Moundsville Middle School I stopped talking too, and I made friends with most of the juniors and seniors. Also this year I found out who my real and fake friends are. I ended up shutting out all my fake friends and pulling my real ones closer. I also found out this year that having a relationship in high school isn’t as easy as I thought it would be. There is a lot of drama that other people try to start with you and your boy/girlfriend. If people are trying to start drama with you just ignore them and try not to get into it. It will make things a lot easier.

I have goals for my education that I want to reach class wise. I want to work hard enough to take higher classes like honors and AP. I want to be able to push myself, but still be able to understand what I am learning. I’m not too good at English so I’m taking a regular English, and the rest of my classes are honors.

My advice to myself for next year is to meet new people and getting myself out there. I also want to get a 3.7gpa or higher on both of my report cards to prove to my parents that I can get higher than a 3.5gpa. Another goal I have for myself is to letter in soccer, basketball, and track. In order for me to letter in those sports I have to work hard and make the varsity team. My last goal for next year is to change up my style; like, instead of wearing jeans, a hoodie, and boots every day I want to try to dress up more